Episode 347 The February 2016 Poster Countdown with Mitch Putnam and special guest Jason Edmiston
On the 2nd Wednesday of each month we countdown the top 10 posters on OMGposters.com. We study these prints to find their secrets to success in hope that we can all learn a little bit more about great design execution. As a special bonus we have painter / illustrator Jason Edmiston to review the artistic technical aspects of these 10 great prints.
Talking Points For Episode 347
- Breaking into movie posters by making great work for public domain movies.
- Working with publicly owned landmarks and other free intellectual properties.
- Envy over illustrators that can keep it loose.
- NASA. Who owns their images and is Canada kicking in the space fund?
- Not taking the easy way out when making design decisions.
Circle of Trust (Paid Content)
- Jason talks about his recent work for He-Man and how got into painting toy cards for Star Wars, GI Joe and various other toy lines.
- Mitch and Jason “debate” different artist working strategies. (Heated)
- Do you give attention to projects that took advantage of your work?
- Working the price points or staying exclusively high end.
- Monday, April 25th is the official Circle of Trust day at Disneyland with Mark Brickey and Jason Edmiston.
- We learn about 24”x36” a new poster about movie posters that both Jason and Mitch are featured in.
- Who loves to talk shop more Jason or Mitch?
- Mitch shares details on House Party the next art show at the Mondo Gallery. We get to hear best strategies on getting great work at the show.
- We talk about new release strategies from the VACVVM and Mitch announces a new member.
- The balance of family and work. Mitch and Jason share the struggle of keeping happy wife and happy work life.