Jay Shaw is a graphic designer who works for Mondo as their in-house lead designer and has created several successful movie posters.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 112
• The greatest first design job story ever.
• How going to college for a fine art degree basically did little to no good for Jay’s design career.
• Jay explains how he found the new movement in movie posters and how he bootlegged his way into becoming part of the scene.
• Faking your way through illustration while ignoring your talents as a graphic designer.
• Finding your inner voice and discovering your own path to personal success.
• The design process versus the illustration process.
• No web store, no worries, the Jay Shaw method of online sales.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
• Jay breakdowns his newly found regular gig as lead designer at Mondo.
• The wasted energy and traps to working freelance.
• The pain of saying yes.
• Tattoos, LOST, Wire & Battlestar Galactica TV talk.