Sonny Day is one half of Australia’s We Buy Your Kids and 100% of his solo show Mind Intern opening this week at the Mondo Gallery in Austin, Texas.
Talking Points You’ll Hear On Episode 216
- The pressure of living up to your name when it’s Sonny Day.
- How following your passion around the word, makes the world seem small.
- Why Sonny feels it’s important to still work solo and away from his gig at We Buy Your Kids.
- How flashy work draws in the clients, but you have to self initiate your first wave of flashy work.
- Always remembering to say thank you! No matter how big your britches get.
- The concept of “Mind Intern” Sonny’s solo show opening in Austin, Texas this week.
- How losing Sunny’s dad two years ago put a heavy influence into his artwork and how art became his therapy.
- The warning label that should be attached to following your dreams and passion in life.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Subscriber Content)
- The innocence of Alice in Wonderland and her significance in pop culture.
- Awkward timing of Inside Out releasing just before Mind Intern.
- Allowing the influence of other artists to make a healthy mark on your work.