Scott Campbell (Scott C) is a maker of paintings, illustrations, comics, kid's books and video games. He studied illustration at the Academy of Art in San Francisco, focusing on comic and children’s book illustration. Soon after graduating, he began at Lucas Learning as concept artist on children’s video games. Scott C, sometimes known as Scott Campbell, is the creator of the online series called the GREAT SHOWDOWNS greatshowdowns.com and Double Fine Action Comics doublefine.com. He was Art Director at Double Fine Productions on such games as Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. His illustrated picture books include Zombie In Love and East Dragon West Dragon from Simon & Schuster. In his newest book called HUG MACHINE, he has written the words as well as the pictures.
Talking Points You’ll Hear on Episode 263
- We explore the Scott C signature art style.
- The innocence and adventuresof illustrating as a kid.
- Keeping consistent and creating a stylized universe.
- Being inspired by action figures.
- Picking the right people over the right projects.
- Designing for video games.
- Creating illustrations for children’s books.
- A round of Hire, Fire or Retire.
Circle of Trust (Paid Member Content)
Mark goes solo for the first time ever creating Circle of Trust content sharing some of his travel adventures and behind the scenes stories from last weekend’s trip out to Austin, Texas fro MondoCon 2.