329 - Shop Talk with Billy Baumann and James Flames
A special Friday version of Shop Talk where the gang play listener calls from 1-8555-JERKOFF. Five listeners have called in to be guests on Tough Love with Mark Brickey and Friends. If they get picked they will get a 20 minute interview on Adventures In Design where they can describe their current career obstacle and get advice from host Mark Brickey and one of his design “famous” friends. The advice is honest, may sound a little tough, but always comes from a place of love.
Talking Points on Today’s Episode.
- David from Minnesota is facing a career crossroad and calls for advice.
- Andy from Bluu Dreams had successful holiday popup shop and thinks he wants to go into full time retail.
- Chris from Half Hazard Press is looking how navigate through the peaks and valleys of a quickly rising design career.
- Keep On Keeping On. Th guys talk about staying the course and don’t panic when things slow down.
- Jeremy from the Northwest Chicago Suburbs want’s to chase down two dreams at once.
- Relocating to dream cities, it’s harder than you think or just as hard as you think it is, either way you look at it, it’s hard to do.
- West Park Creative requests the toughest of love on narrowing up his niche product line.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Content)
- Billy brings up the topic of critique, when, where, how and wanted or wanted. We review getting solicited and unsolicited advice from every angle.
- Mark talks about comics and his love for illustrator Greg Capullo.
- Has time made you toughen up to criticism.
- The gang debates the cape, could you wear it without ridicule?
- James Flames starts his pin game.
- Billy tells David Bowie bootleggers to fuck off.