344 - Shop Talk with Billy Baumann and Dan Kuhlken
Boutique design agency owner Billy Baumann joins Los Angeles based Adobe Illustrator master Dan Kuhlken to wrap up the work week with host Mark Brickey
Talking Points on Episode 344
- Delicious Design League is moving and Billy is worried about getting fat.
- Jpeg has ran away from the Brickey compound! Can our host rescue his cat?
- Dan Kuhlken remembers the time his sidekick Lucy joined the Explorers Club.
- Billy accidentally borrows a color scheme from another designer and at the last minute realizes he never adjusted it away from the inspiration piece.
- Exploring the Explorers Club a self initiated art print series from DKNG. We hear about the newest three prints getting added to the series and the benefits of creating longterm in-house projects.
In The Circle of Trust (Paid Content)
- More iPad pro talk. How’s this new toy fitting into Billy’s professional lifestyle.
- Virtual Reality as entertainment is coming, who’s ready and whatever happened to Google Glass.
- How much work do you show a client? The guys exchange the amount of work and techniques they put into client comps as Mark is sweating approval from his design client.
- Billy shares his excitement for doing C2E2 with the Secret Panel.
- Circle of Trust Talk Only. Mark works over the details of a SXSW game he wants to play with fellow illustrators.
- Dan creates his annual Flatstock logo and talks about how this year’s the festival will be an uphill battle for DKNG