493 - Latinos In Contemporary Art with Man One, Maria "TooFly" Castillo, Antonio Pelayo, and Ritzy Periwinkle
Our third and final panel from Designer Con ends on a very strong note with Latinos in Contemporary Art. Mark sits down with Man One, Maria "TooFly" Castillo, Antonio Pelayo, and Ritzy Periwinkle to hear first hand what life is like at the crossroads of two cultures and how the next regime change can potentially affect their creative careers. All four of our guest's stem from a background rooted in community and caring which comes out in their artistic content and approach to life. Not only can everyone learn from their professional practices, but their personal mindset on a day in day out basis to keep success in all of our corners. This panel is a glimpse at the hustle needed to thrive in the upcoming economy and a bright spot of hope about thriving even if the odds are stacked against you.
- Working with everyone to make America great again.
- Getting into the mindset of becoming an agent of change.
- Bringing better points of view to the table.
- Learning to listen and applying rubber to the road.
- Making your own path throughout your life.
- Finishing off Fantasyland.
- Inspiration from the Mexican countryside.
- Growing up as a creative in the golden era of hip hop.
- Getting your hands on the black book of NYC Graffiti Culture.
- The marriage between street art and latino culture.
- Feeling the need for expression.
- Using your success to bring others up with you.
- The strong sense of community infused in the Latinos.
- Overcoming stereotypes and working with the cards you're dealt to get ahead.
- Finding strength in your role models and being an example to the next generation.
- Merging two cultures in your artistic outlets.
- Cutting the bullshit out of business and its surprising results.
- What happens when the majority gets the blinders taken off?
- A plus for the art business is a minus for the business of art.
- Entering action mode and searching for sustainability.
- The looming stench of T-Day.
- Becoming Sisyphus on a personal and professional level.
- Putting a stop to the pity party and making some new and united moves.
- Is it our job to save the world?
- Silver passes and cell shading.