Bang the drums and bust out your preferred note taking medium because this Shop Talk is so full of chicken nuggets you'd think it was sponsored by Ronald himself. Mark, Billy, and special guest Jason Edmiston leave no stone unturned as they rip through moral dilemmas and motivational hurdles in a creative's career path. Would you pay for likes on social media if it meant a positive uptick in your sales? Are big brands fleecing the public by supporting popular social movements? How do you keep your work loose when you work form reference materials? That's just a taste of what today's trio gets into as they explore each topic with an honest transparency you won't find anywhere else on today's adventure into design. Antics ensue.
- Buying likes on Instagram (because you're a business).
- Overcoming meritocracy in art.
- Are you focusing on false metrics that don't align with your marketing goals.
- Investing your time or your money into video.
- Are you an anonymous artist?
- Standing at the intersection of brands, politics, and business.
- The creative's ego.
- Living with the perfect partner.
Circle Of Trust Talking Points
- The integral inside out process of preparation to make incredible pieces.
- Keeping your work loose when using reference materials.
- Exaggerating the movement.
- Tracing secrets the world isn't ready to hear.
- Harnessing the power of brainstorming.
- The demise of hard work as we shift away from traditional media.
- Creating and curating content to use as you work through projects.
- You only need one buyer.
- Vague emails and the response that takes longer than the question itself.
TEAM MUTHA FUCKIN BRITAIN
A self taught master of advertising, Nate Duval comes on AID 309 to share the secrets behind his success. His perspective on applying his talents will help you see where your own strengths are and how to use them.
Want more Jason Edmiston. We don't blame you. We had problems picking which episode to share between his multiple appearances on the show. After you hear AID 446 don't miss his other episodes like AID 494, 347, 209 and more.
Beth Mason Brickey and the Tasty Yummies empire is no joke. The high level of quality she demands for her brand is evident in everything from her blog posts to her social media posts.