It's that time of the week when we demand you break out the nearest drum and start banging while you devise plans to kill your boss because Shop Talk is officially here. Join Mark, Billy, and Pants as they get into a week's worth of emails, invoices, and deadlines spanning the gamut of the creative profession. Billy is in the middle of calendar crammed week filled with plenty of late nights as he works on a project for McDonald's while also preparing for the upcoming DDL art show, Duotone. Hear all about landing this dipping sauce-centric design job, how Delicious handled the exorbitant amount of work in such a short time, and some direct insight into being a creative director on a project of this magnitude. The boys get into the ups and downs of working a larger job like this and how it can bring to light some of the lesser known qualms of the creative profession like how our schedules affect our pursuits for love, the hard costs we potentially overlook, and knowing when to ignore your client. Antics ensue.
- Billy lands a client meeting with McDonald’s after the latest Hammer Time.
- It all started with an email about ten dipping sauces.
- Putting the League in Delicious Design League and reverse engineering the big things that come in small packages.
- Designing for the Golden Arches and breaking through the mental block of brand awareness.
- The heaviness in art and revision checklists you’re morally opposed to.
- Saying “yes” with purpose.
- Rebranding, Duotone, and sticking to a schedule.
- People you love, the creative profession, and guilt.
Circle Of Trust Talking Points
Check out the recently launched website for all the dipping sauce-centric artwork!
Billy isn't our only guest to have worked with Ronald and Co. Ben Playford joined us on AID 444 to let us behind the scenes of life at an advertising agency... in Canada. Bust out the maple syrup for this one.
AID 206 introduces us to Chad Tafolla whose digital advertising career has taken him all across America. He is currently working at Oculus, so this episode is a blueprint on how to end up in the VR World in a way.
OKpants.shop just dropped its second Halloween themed release. In AID 609 Aaron was on the cusp of his Cruel Summer release and he, Mark, and Billy talk about the financials behind working with DTG items.