Jerrod Maruyama has become one of the Walt Disney Corporations favorite freelance artists. Hear how he keeps creating exciting work for the world's best entertainment brand.
Today In Part One With Jerrod Maruyama
- Great things can come from horrible situations! In the post 911 downsizing economy, Jerrod lost a great job, and it was the best thing that ever happened to him.
- The evolution of style, just how long did it take for Jerrod to perfect the art of being cute.
- Working within the magic of Disney and understanding where the fans' passion genuinely come from.
- The new definition of success, it's not all about money but more about career freedom.
- Creating Hipster Mickey, the good and bad that comes with birthing a smash hit.
- Coping with success, learning not to believe the hype and instead focusing on what's next.
- Disneyland versus Disneyworld two different beasts with a very different customer.
- Embracing the Disney culture and being all in, working for the brand is no place to be cynical, you have to love the subject matter to do work that people will enjoy.
In The Circle of Trust. Exclusive Paid Member Content.
- Jerrod's moral obligation on how to treat the Disney brand when he's not working for them directly.
- The art of going from flat illustrations to real-world toy development.
- Is Mid-Century-Modern the new Disneyland Resort style guide?
- Getting inside the magic and working with the brand. Jerrod and Mark bond over their favorite insider moments.