Mark Simpson, known by the pen name Jock, is a British comics artist and writer, best known for his work in 2000 AD, The Losers, and more recently Batman and Wolverine.
Talking Points You’ll Hear on Episode 279 with Jock live at MondoCon 2
- We explore the emotions behind the signature brush style of Jock.
- The beginnings of being asked to do covers for Batman and his long history with the caped crusader.
- From start to set, we learn about Jock’s creative process when working on character/set design for films.
- His take on page layout and composition for comic illustration.
- Pushing and dragging the brush across the board as a way to add expression to his work.
- The transfer of energy and acting out your characters emotions as you’re illustrating them.
- Jock’s relationship with teenage Jock.
- Stage fright with dream projects.
- Another round of MondoCon Hire, Fire and Retire with Jock.
- AND ONE MAJOR REVELATION WITH JOCK!!!
In The Circle of Trust
Dan Kuhlken of DKNG Studios talks about setting up a new office space, learning to enjoy the periods in your schedule where there is no work AND we break down the last 3 years of his business DKNG Studios, where the boys have decided on a new working plan for 2016. This is great content that you won’t want to miss if you’re a seasoned pro or just getting started.