Tens of thousands of Official Disney Fan Club Members salivating for the new what next descend upon Anaheim for the D23 Expo. Mark walked the Expo for the for the first two days collecting interviews that will surface later, but Sunday he was joined by Mike and Gus from Hammer Time to experience the Con from the fan's perspective. The special Shop Talk is a look at the merchandise, magic, and lines of D23 and the business behind it all. What is Disney doing right? Where is Disney missing their merchandising mark? How can they improve D23 for the rabid fans who pay to attend? All this and more from the lobby of the Hilton where antics most definitely ensued.
- Elevated Disney Experiences and the magic that's killing Mark.
- The Expo that models itself after the reality of the line situation.
- GusFundMe and the cap for previewing Star Wars Land.
- Funco Disneyland Merchandise and analyzing the subscription model everyone is coming out with.
- What are you killing yourself for?
- The Consummate Consumer and the problem with Magic Kingdom Merchandise.
- Simplicity and nostalgia.
- What were the best products at D23 and the disconnect with the afterthought.
- Con-goers and the money to be made at a growing convention circuit.
- Next level propaganda strategizing.
- Paid positioning at the door, inside the swap meet, or at the garage sale.
- Conversion rates to build a business on.
- A steady drip of endorphins.
- What is a merchants responsibility to understanding what their customers can afford?
- Improvements for D23 from the cast of Hammer Time.
Hang out a bit more with Hammer and Mark in a pre-Gus episode where they visit the Fender Custom Shop mentioned earlier in this D23 Expo Episode. These are the artists who understand distress.
Is the magic killing you too? No? Well then you need a dose of Mickey Leaks where Mark takes his accumulation of Magic Kingdom knowledge and shares it with you.
Take the leap and start making your own IP so one day people have an Expo in your honor. Back when DCon came through Pasadena Mark sat down with some King makers.