It's that special time of the week when we get our drums and start banging because the boys are back for yet another Shop Talk. Expect some cobra venom to fly and a rare Shop Talk moment when Mark and Billy do some actual design work live and on air with a brainstorming session for a Jerry Seinfeld poster in the works over at Delicious. Instagram Story secrets, carefully crafted email responses, and presentation practices keep the episode moving forward with tips and tricks from two battle tested creatives who always keep the end goal in mind. The only thing that's missing is a download garnering big name guest star to get you to listen to this career changing content! Antics, as always, ensue.
- Disgusting, jealous, male trolls put Billy into a midlife crisis personified by a used Mazda.
- An out of place ball buster in a Millennial's more sensitive world.
- Taste makers who know better are still a star driven community who care less about great content.
- Execution as the great separator and verbalization as an even greater one.
- DDL and VGHC team up.
- Football Jones is in a free time pickle.
- Unveiling how to use Instagram Stories the way they intended it.
- Jeb Bush's epic failure.
- A world littered with "what could've beens" and dealing with missed opportunities in design.
- Fighting for the best possible work and a designer's responsibility to the all important consumer experience.
- Getting past the visual tropes within a genre of design and the hunt for that perfect solution you know won't come easy.
Circle Of Trust Talking Points
- Spitballing ideas for Jerry Seinfeld.
- Mark gets a bigger rig to not die in his sleep.
- Presenting your poster on the World Wide Web.
- The ins on an email and crafting verbiage that get better responses.
- Do you kiss ass or Shawshank it when a long shot, life changing type opportunity arises?
TEAM LITTLE BILLY ( a strong six )
Mark and Billy were right... everything Landland does is very cool and we had the opportunity to sit down and here how they came together on AID 366. Don't miss this one.
It all started here at AID 621 when Billy wanted you, the listener, to rate him. Things got a bit more difficult from there but Mark ended today's episode with a higher rating than last week.
You remember when Billy gave this Poster Countdown a ringing endorsement in the episode right? Well it is truly worth your valuable listening time so be sure to hear the latest and greatest from OMGposters.