Illustrator Leslie Herman shares with us his loose handmade style of printmaking.
Talking Points you’ll hear on Episode 212
- The attitude in which Leslie allows himself to let go of details and structure in his work.
- How freelance doesn't get any easier but does gets more comfortable.
- Pairing your freelance career with part time teaching to create a more comfortable cashflow.
- Using your youth to experiment with your career and the importance of learning critical thinking early.
- How Leslie took a job as a line cook at local venue and got his foot in the door with doing gig posters.
The Circle of Trust (paid content)
- Needing to see a sign from the universe that you are doing the right thing with your life.
- We break down the success of Leslie’s Orwells poster and why this design is so great.
- Printmaking allowing you to see your artwork as others do.
- How moving just your desk, much less to another city can bring alive your creativity.