Break out the drum early because Shop Talk is here and it's time to start banging. This week Mark is joined by OKpants and Billy to swap bold, edgy statements that will get you thinking about where we are today and where you're going tomorrow. From questions about working with morally incompatible companies if the price is right to contemplating potential professional pivots, this episode goes deep into who you are as a designer and person. Aaron, Mark, and Billy discuss the atrocities in Charlottesville, our President's weak response to it all, and getting people who want a positive change on the same side to fight the real enemies we are facing. Despite these pressing and depressing recent events, the boy's bedrock belief in the PMA lifestyle shows us that friendship and respect are vital to finding what happiness we can in life. Now get out there and believe in yourself. It requires zero money, logic, or help. Quit being a loser.
- The Tick returns and Mark needs some context as to why in the hell that's happening.
- Mike Giant, gun ownership, and feeling dead on or dead off.
- Would you add an asterisk to your brand?
- Race, violence, and Charlottesville.
- Getting on the same side for a positive change and the political problem plaguing us.
- Audience reactions to last week's Shop Talk.
- Moving forward with the Seinfeld poster.
- Finding the proper platform, the mark of good art, and channeling your anger into inspiration.
- You are not what you like.
- Is it more important to get the best time or have the best time?
Circle Of Trust Talking Points
- A debate for and against The Rock.
- Work on yourself then be yourself.
- Can you ever really retire from what you love doing?
- Staying relevant, potential pivots, and understanding the cultural barometer.
- The next rebellion.
TEAM BILLYS DIRT
Want to understand what Mark meant when he said things would be either mild, medium, or hot? Well it's all here in The Logo Show and there is a lot more to learn in here as well.
Brainstorming ideas for Jerry Seinfeld's upcoming show all started in this Shop Talk with Mark and Billy. Don't miss hearing two seasoned vets spitball ideas for a comedy legend.
Another dose of serious PMA that confidence and positivity recently came from Uncle Jeral and his redneck wisdom. If you need to believe in yourself this is a place to start.